Friday, April 13, 2018

Check out my CuLtUrE!

The first thing are these cool interactive installations my Color Comp class just did. My group made these backgrounds of famous paintings as well as the iconic props that go along with them. It's set up on the first floor of the Dodd near our class room so please check it out! Step into a famous painting holding the prop and snap a photo! We did Munch's "The Scream", A Self Portrait of Vincent Van Gogh, Frida Kahlo's "Self Portrait with Thorn Necklace and Hummingbird" and Magritte's "Son of Man".


Another group in my Color Comp class made a photobooth with a projector of lots of neat backgrounds and fun props. They set it up in the Foundations Gallery on the first floor near the stairs. Bring some friends and take some pics! If you use either this photobooth or the famous painting backdrops make sure to post on insta with the hashtag #lamardoddphotobooth




The second thing is my brother's EP that he made a year ago! He posted it on bandcamp so check out the link below if you would like to hear the rest of it. The last song, "Entertainers" is the one I used the lyrics for in my book and played in class on Wednesday. He did these completely on his own, so pretty neat!

https://saintsyzygy.bandcamp.com/releases

If you're feeling super into it, his actual band, Kwazymoto, is on Spotify, so you can check that out as well!



My third thing is a director I recently discovered named Xavier Dolan. He's a french film director whose very young but extremely talented. I've only seen two of his movies so far but they were both excellent.
The first was called 'Mommy' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3612616/ .
The second was 'Laurence Anyways' http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1650048/
So if you're into arthouse foreign movies I'd suggest checking those out!

No comments:

Post a Comment